Call: 07729 638144 / 01672 288815
Kaya offers African workshops for all ages and abilities. From Traditional Drumming, Dance and Songs to Folk Tales and Art.
We are also very proud to be able to offer fantastic opportunities to create cultural and educational links – through our sister charity ‘Afrikaya’ (www.afrikaya.co.uk)
For Schools, Businesses, Community Groups and Parties we offer the following:
- Use traditional drums from Senegal, Gambia, Egypt, Uganda and Ghana.
- Play African music together – Each person has their part to play.
- Learn dynamics, teamwork and musicality.
- Learn Songs, and Dances as part of the whole experience.
- Prepare your own show or enjoy one of our performances.
- Move into a world of dance and explore African culture through movement.
- Produce dance sequences and build them into a performance.
- Large scale backdrops.
- African shield or mask making.
- Focus on personal empowerment and identity or simply enjoy creating, inspired by the vibrant colours and motifs of Africa.
- Use alongside dance, voice and drum to create a performance.
- Traditional stories, retold with music and a little improvisation.
- Create your own stories based on the ‘Anansi’ stories of West Africa.
- Design masks or costumes to add even more magic.
Our workshops promote multicultural diversity and awareness; encourage expression; boost confidence and communication skills; expand linguistic ability; increase rhythmic sensibility and improve drumming, vocal and movement skills.
“I just wanted to thank you for the amazing, fantastic, inspirational workshops last Friday. We all so enjoyed ourselves! It was the highlight of our day and everyone in school was really impressed with your ‘provision’. It was a splendid balance of learning, performance and enjoyment!”
– Headteacher, St Mary’s Primary School –